Open topic with navigation
The Alerts page lets you select your default method of receiving email alerts. You can select your default email address, or set an SMS (Short Message Service) address to receive SMS text message alerts on your mobile telephone device.
Who can access the Alerts page?
You can access this page if you are a(n):
- Individual, Joint, Trust or IRA Account User
- Small Business Account User
- Friends and Family Group Master or Client User
- Advisor Master User (master account only)
- Advisor Client User Individual
- Advisor Client User Organization
- Proprietary Trading Group Master User
- Broker Master User (master account only)
- Broker Fully Disclosed Client User
- Broker Fully Disclosed Client User Organization
- Investment Manager Master User
To set your alert preferences
- Click Manage Account > Trade Configuration > Alerts.
- To change your alert preference, select
the radio button next to your preferred alert destination (Email or
- If you have not yet created an SMS
address for your account, perform these steps:
- Click the Create
SMS Address button. The SMS Address page opens.
- Enter the SMS address in the format
For non-US residents, the address must begin with your country code.
- Click Submit.
- A verification code is immediately
sent to the specified address. Type the code in the field provided,
then click Confirm.
Click Request Confirmation Number
to request a new verification code to be sent to your SMS address.
Click Cancel to cancel the
creation of the SMS address with your account.
- To modify an existing SMS address, click the Modify SMS Address button, then enter the new SMS address where indicated on the page that appears.
- Click Save to save your changes.