Open topic with navigation
Many exchanges classify customers as non-professional or
professional. Exchange rules require that trusts and organizations (e.g.
corporations, partnerships, LLCs and unincorporated businesses) must be
classified as professional. NYSE, Amex, and TSE Professional Market Data
require prior approval from the exchange.
The Market Data Subscriber Status page in Account Management lets
you change your market data subscriber professional status from Non-Professional
to Professional or from Professional to Non-Professional. Your market
data subscriber status is displayed on the Market
Who can access the Subscriber Status page?
You can access this page if you are a(n):
- Individual, Joint, Trust or IRA Account User
- Small Business Account User
- Friends and Family Group Master or Client User
- Advisor Master User Individual (Friends and Family Group advisor master account only)
- Broker Fully Disclosed Client User
- Broker Non-Disclosed Client User
- Broker Omnibus Client User
To change your market data subscriber professional
- Click Manage Account > Trade Configuration > Subscriber Status. The Market Data Subscriber Status page appears by default.
- To change your status from Non-Professional
to Professional, click the Professional radio
button, then read the Permitted Use and Change in Non-Professional
Status statements and click the I
agree radio button in each section.
- To downgrade your status from Professional
to Non-Professional, you must submit a ticket in the Client Services Message Center to request the status change:
Click Support > Message Center to display the Client Services Message Center, then click Createin the
Message Center, and select Account
Services and Account
Configuration/Permissions as the categories. You must
include the reason for the change.
- Click Continue.