Open topic with navigation
Quickly see all of your sub-account’s options that are
about to expire and roll them over to the next month's contract
To roll over options
- Open the Rollover Options tool:
- From Mosaic: Use the New Window drop down and select More Advanced Tools and then select Rollover Options.
- From Classic TWS: From the Trading Tools menu, scroll to the Options Focus section and select Rollover
Advisors will see the Select
Account dropdown that lists all of their Account Groups and individual
To use the Roll Options tool
- Advisors Only: Select an Account Group, an individual
sub-account, or All accounts.
- Choose whether you want to write calls
on long stock positions, or write puts on short stock positions.
- Use the default description or modify
any conditions on the options, and click Refresh.
The list of Options to Roll includes any option positions
for the account(s) you selected and the roll-to option that meets the
- Click the pencil icon next to the
option to open the Option Chains
and select a different option to buy or sell.
- Review or change the order information
and click Create Orders.
- Orders will display in the Orders
panel; click Transmit All to submit.