Transparent Volume-Tiered Pricing
- Our low broker commission, which decreases depending on volume, plus exchange, regulatory, and clearing fees.
- In cases where an exchange provides a rebate, we pass some or all of the savings directly back to you.1
View Pricing Structure
Fixed Rate Pricing
- Charges a fixed rate low commission per share or a set percent of trade value.
- Includes all exchange and regulatory fees.
- For US stocks, ETFs and warrants, the transaction fees are passed through on all stock sales.
View Pricing Structure
- IBKR's Tiered commission models are not intended to be a direct pass-through of exchange and third-party fees and rebates. Costs passed on to clients in IBKR’s Tiered commission schedule may be greater than the costs paid by IBKR to the relevant exchange, regulator, clearinghouse or third party. For example, IBKR may receive volume discounts that are not passed on to clients. Likewise, rebates passed on to clients by IBKR may be less than the rebates IBKR receives from the relevant market. For example, IBKR may receive enhanced rebate payments for exceeding volume thresholds on particular markets, but typically will not pass these enhancements directly to clients.
- Rates were obtained on March 18, 2020 from each firm's website. Services vary by firms. Some of the firms listed may have additional fees and some firms may reduce or waive commissions or fees, depending on account activity or total account value. Supporting documentation for any claims and statistical information will be provided upon request.
- Low Cost Rated by Barron's 18 Years Straight - Low cost broker 2002 through 2019 according to Barron's online broker review. 2002 - 5 Stars, 2003 - 4.9 Stars, 2004 - 5 Stars, 2005 - 5 Stars, 2006 - 5 Stars, 2007 - 4.8 Stars, 2008 - 4.5 Stars, 2009 - 4.5 Stars, 2010 - 4.2 stars, 2011 - 4.5 stars, 2012 - 4.3 stars, 2013 - 4.5 stars, 2014 - 4.5 stars, 2015 - 4.5 stars, 2016 - 4.5 stars, 2017 - 4.5 stars, 2018 - 4.5 stars, 2019 - "Interactive Brokers continues to lead as well in terms of pricing". Interactive Brokers earned a 4.5 star ranking in the February 25, 2019 Barron's Annual Best Online Brokers - “Best Online Brokers of 2019”. Criteria included Trade Experience and Technology, Usability, Mobile, Range of Offerings, Research Amenities, Portfolio Analysis & Reports, Customer Service, Education and Security, and Costs. Barron's is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Co. Inc.
Stocks, ETFs (ETPs) and Warrants - Overview