Econoday on Interactive Brokers
Econoday is available in TWS mobile only, and does not require a subscription.
A Smarter Calendar for the Smarter Investor
Trading the financial markets is never easy, but minimizing uncertainty by understanding what is really driving the markets is a crucial step. That is where Econoday’s Global Premier Calendar comes into play.
It’s much more than a calendar of economic events, it’s a trading tool that helps investors make smarter financial decisions.
What to expect:
- Unbiased, jargon-free, market-focused analysis written by a team of senior economists, each with more than 30 years of experience covering economic indicators and the potential impact on the market.
- Understanding how to interpret the data is critical and Econoday Research's experts work quickly to detect significant elements within announcements for investors.
- Data includes the prior release, revisions to the prior release, consensus, and actual data. Consensus is proprietary and actively managed to ensure optimum results from the forecasts submitted by economists around the world who participate in Econoday's survey.
- Ranking of events to make sure investors know which events matter most to the market.
- Notifications of the release of economic indicators, central bank announcements/minutes, as well as unscheduled market-moving events. Daily and weekly articles broaden the coverage to include market activity generally, such as updates on stocks, bonds, and currencies.
- Coverage of events taking place in United States, Australia, Canada, China, Eurozone, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- Immediate access to Econoday’s archives dating back to 2001, encompassing event data, analysis, along with daily/weekly articles summarizing market activity, that can be used to help assess today’s market trends.
- Interactive charts provide the time series of the data, and display the consensus and the actual data when the cursor hovers over any date on the chart. Click on any date, and the user may immediately access the report for the indicator written on that date.
- Control display options to maximize potential trading opportunities including changing the view of events to daily, weekly, or monthly; changing the timezone to local time;
filtering events to highlight a specific country; and a responsive design allowing users to change the size of the calendar to meet their viewing preferences.
- A weekly podcast called Econoday Unplugged where economists discuss current market issues.
Econoday has been delivering economic data and analysis to the investment community for more than a quarter of a century. Econoday users span the globe and include premier financial institutions such as Bloomberg, Dow Jones, Nasdaq, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, CME, ICE, Bank of America, and many more. Econoday creates print and digital products that make it easier for investors to follow economic indicators, and better understand the relationship of these announcements to market activity for the purpose of making more informed investment decisions. Taking into consideration the economic landscape before making a buy/sell decision is inherently a strategic advantage for investors.